By-Laws & Policies
ARTICLE I - NAME AND PURPOSEview
- Section 1 - Name: The name of this organization shall be The Mercantile and/or The Mercantile Guild. From hence forth, it shall be referred to as The Guild, or Guild, in these articles.
- Section 2 - Purpose: This Guild's primary purpose is for Trading and Selling of goods and services.
Trading and Selling:
- Trading: A Trade can be done in private or in open Guild chat between guild members.
- Selling: Selling can be done in private or in open Guild chat, between guild members, but is preferred to be done from the Guild Store. Zone Chat is also permitted for selling between a guild member and a non-guild member.
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIPview
- Section 1 - Eligibility for Membership: Membership is open to all Three Alliances of Tamriel -- Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant, and Ebonheart Pact.
- Section 2 - Inactivity: This Guild will define inactivity as being absent from the game.
Any Member who has more than 10 days of Inactivity, without purchases or sales, or, 15 days of Inactivity, with purchases or sales, will lose his or her eligibility to stay with The Guild. The only way for inactive members to keep Eligibility is to gain special Reprieves or Amnesty.
(Any one who has been let go from the guild for Inactivity is welcome back providing we have room for you. Just send an E-mail to @Dr_Z or @Dr_Z2 requesting for membership reinstatement.)
- Use of Notes: A Member shall use the Guild's roster Notes to set a Date on which they will be leaving and a Date on which they will be expected back.
- Active Selling: If no Note was set by a member who has been inactive for longer than 15 days, said member shall be given "Amnesty" if his or her account is still actively selling from the Guild Store. Amnesty will run out on the 29th day of inactivity or by the Guild Masters discretion.
ARTICLE III - GUILD BANKview
- Section 1 - Withdrawals: Guild Bank Withdrawal Access is set for the Guild Master and Anonymous Members only. As stated, in Article I: Section 2, This Guild's purpose is to Trade and Sell, unlike Crafting or PVE/PVP Type Guilds, which have fewer members and which give most members access to their guild banks.
- Section 2 - Deposits: As stated, in Article III: Section 1 about Access for withdrawals, applies for Deposits too but only on materials, armor and weapons.
Gold deposits is permitted for all members but is outlined below this section.
- Donations: A Member is permitted to deposit gold for donations at any time. All Gold Donations must add 1 extra gold to the deposit so it can be easily tracked (example: 100,001 GOLD). It is up to the member to send an e-mail to the Guild Master(@Dr_Z2) stating that a deposit was made to the guild bank as a donation. Any gold deposited to the guild bank, with out an e-mail to the guild master,(other then for Sweepstakes and Lottery), will be considered a donation too.
- Tips: A Tip, deposited into the guild bank, is for "Payment Due for Services Rendered".
- Sales: Most materials, armor, and weapons in Our Guild bank is for sale. The proceeds from the sales of such items goes towards the Bid for the Guild Trader. The Guild Master will select a type of gold deposit which will either be a deposit into the guild bank or sent to the the guild master.
- Sweepstakes and Lottery:: Sweepstake and Lottery Gold Deposits are deposited into the guild bank. The amount of each deposit is detailed in ARTICLE IV, Section 2 - Types of Sweepstakes and Section 3 - EVO Jackpot.
- Auctions:: Auction Gold Deposits are deposited into the guild bank unless denoted by the Auctioneer.
ARTICLE IV - SWEEPSTAKES, LOTTERY, and AUCTIONSview
- Section 1 - Definition and Purpose: Sweepstakes and Auction Bazaars, for this Guild, are promotional fundraisers in which funds are raised to support the Guild's weekly Guild Trader Bidding. A percent of the total funds raised, for Pot of GOLD Sweepstakes, is given back to participating members through a random drawing which a set amount of winners are determined and defined for each Sweepstakes in this Article - Section 2 - Payouts.
- Section 2 - Types of Sweepstakes: You can track the Sweepstakes on Our Guild's spreadsheet hear.
1) Pot of GOLD Sweepstake:
- Definition: Pot of GOLD Sweepstake is a fundraising drawing which the prize is GOLD and starts on Mondays, of each week, at 10am Eastern Time and runs till the end on the following Sunday at 9pm Eastern Time.
- Formula: The Formula to determine what percent of Total Sweepstake Deposits that is set aside for winners is as follows:
- 1) For the first 200 tickets sold, payout is 42% of the total Sweepstake's deposits.
- 2) Over 200+ tickets sold, payout is 50% of the total Sweepstake's deposits.
- Payouts: Payouts for the Pot of GOLD Sweepstake Winners are as follows:
- 1st Place: gets 60% of total payout
- 2nd place: gets 30% of total payout
- 3rd place: gets 10% of total payout
- Ticket Amount and Deposits: Tickets for the "Pot of GOLD Sweepstakes" is only 2,222 gold each and is deposited separately into the Guild's Bank. (example: 2,222 gold deposit + 2,222 gold deposit + 2,222 gold depoist = 3 tickets) All members can participate in this Sweepstakes. Members can enter as many times as they like to increase thier chances.
2) Lollapalooza Sweepstake:
- Definition: Lollapalooza Sweepstake is a fundraising drawing which the prizes is announced before the start of the Sweepstake and starts on Sundays, of each week, at 1am Eastern Time and runs till the end on the following Saturday at 9pm Eastern Time.
- Ticket Amount and Deposits: Tickets for the "Lollapalooza Sweepstake" is 1,000 GOLD per ticket and can be deposited into the Guild Bank in bulk. (example: 12,000 gold = 12 tickets)
- Payouts: Prize Payouts for this Sweepstake will be mailed to the winners within 24 hours.
- Section 3 - EVO Jackpot: .
- Definition: The Mercantile's EVO Jackpot is a progression jackpot fundraiser where members have a chance to win some gold. You can track the EVO Jackpot on Our Guild's spread sheet hear
- Ticket Amount and Deposits: Tickets for the "EVO Jackpot" is only 5,555 gold each and is deposited separately into the Guild's Bank. (example: 5,555 gold deposit + 5,555 gold deposit + 5,555 gold depoist = 3 tickets) All members can participate in this Lottery. Members can enter as many times as they like to increase thier chances.
- Date and Time: EVO Jackpot starts on Sundays, of each week, at 1am Eastern Time and runs till the end on the following Saturday at 9pm Eastern Time..
- How Its Played:
- Two tickets are drawn each week. First person who's ticket is called will be the first person to guess 5 numbers off of the EVO Jackpot board. Second person will guess their 5 numbers next. If there is No winner that week, the Pot will Increase for the next EVO Jackpot game and both players will recive 2 Free tickets to enter.
- The player who reveals a Gold, Blue, or Yellow Square, will be the winner and the game will end. If the winning participant reveals multiple winning squares, they'll recive the highest payout square as their prize.
- If by chance that both participants pick the same highest winning Square, Both participants will Split the Winnings.
- Section 4 - Auction Bazaar: .
- Definition: The Mercantile's Auction Bazaar is a fundraiser event where items are put up for auction for members to bid on with gold.
- Date and Time: The Auction Bazaar event is on the first Saturday of each month starting at 9PM Eastern Time.
- 1) Must place your bid in Open Guild chat. Do not whsiper your bid to the Auctioneer.
- 2) Proxy Bidding is permited.
- 3) Auction is closed when the Auctioneer says SOLD if no other bid came before it.
- 4) Payment for auction sales won is to be deposited into The Mercantile's Guild Bank.
- Standard Auction Items
- 1) Slave, Farming, or Fishing buddy with one of The Mercantile's Officers for a minimum of two hours. This is also a Progression Auction. Higher the bid goes, more time will be added.
- 2) Customize The Mercantile's Heraldry Tabard (Your design used for one month)
- 3) Enchanting Craft Leveling Pack (Level your Enchanter to Max)
- 4) Other Items to be announced one week prior to Auction Day.
ARTICLE V - GROUP EVENTSview
- Section 1 - Definition and Purpose:
- Section 2 - Type of Group Events:
- ....: ...:
- : ...:
- ....: ...
2) PVP: PVP guild events will be closely looked at for being a Group Event but at this time, The Mercantile Name will have to be impartial to this type of event till further notice.
- Section 4 - Guide Lines: .
- Purpose: ...
- ....: ...
- 1) ...
- 2) ...
- 3) ...
- 4) ...
- 1) ...
- 2) ..
- 3) ..
- 4) ..
ARTICLE VI - AMENDMENTSview
- Section 1 - Amendments: These by-laws and policies may be amended when necessary. Proposed amendments can be submitted to the Guild Master at anytime from all members unless it is from Soresina about her goat, "Goatie".
If you have any Questions and can't find your answer here, Please visit Our FAQ page Here.